Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Our Kitchen

When we moved into our house, the kitchen had rose wallpaper in it.  It is a big kitchen but not our style. 


So, when we moved in, we painted all the doors, cabinets and trim white instead of the natural wood.  We painted the rest of our house in neutral colors so I wanted a fun color in the kitchen. I choose green. I thought it was fun and it made me smile for the first few months but after a while, I got REALLY tired of it. 


Its a fun green (I don't remember the color) but I really wanted something more neutral and that would reflect the light that we have coming through the windows. 

JJ & I spent about a month discussing colors and decided we wanted a gray. A true gray. No blue gray or beige gray. Well, we had a very hard time finding what we wanted. 


Everything looked pretty normal on the swatch but as soon as we got them on the wall, they become crazy colors! Like that Tucker Gray from Benjamin Moore (second from the left). That looked like a dark gray and then we get it in our kitchen and it is blue. I know that we are putting them on top of green, but you get the idea. 

After a long time of looking at and talking about colors we settled on Revere Pewter from Benjamin Moore. 



Saturday we primed the wall. JJ really didn't want to but I told him that putting gray on top of green would require a lot of coats if we didn't prime.  We primed in the morning and then spent the rest of the day relaxing and watching football (FSU won!). 

Sunday we had plans to go to church, go to my cousins birthday party and then paint afterwards. Well, the kids had other plans. Both kids woke up and decided that was the day they were going to act out. Then, JJ had an allergy attack and I thought that I had pinkeye. So... we ditched all of our plans and stayed home. To distract myself from the kids and keep my hands away from my eyes, we decided to paint the gray. 



I am so happy with the outcome. The kitchen feels brighter and bigger. After we finished painting is when JJ decided to let me know that he HATED the green the whole 4 years we had it on the walls. Why did he wait that long!!!!

Anyway... our kitchen is painted and we could not be happier. 

Now on to paint H's room white and our room Navy. 

Happy Wednesday!

Kelly

1 comment:

I love your comments, and try to reply to as soon as possible! Thank you very much.