Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Living Life as a 2 year old

I truly wish that I could live my life like a 2 year old. Not go back and have everyone take care of me and play all day; that would be super nice but I want to live life with the curiosities and naivety that a 2 year old does. 

H starts every day with a fresh set of eyes.  Every morning he wakes up and everything is new. I wish that I could wake up every morning forgetting the sad things and rediscover the beauty in the little things. To be excited about just waking up in general. Instead, and maybe this is just me, but my first thoughts on waking up are "Oh God. What times is it? Do I really have to get up? Is it the weekend and JJ is around to help with the kids? What the heck am I going to do to entertain the kids all day?" Those aren't happy thoughts. 

BTW: I asked him to smile and this is what I got. Melts my heart!

I take the kids for a walk every day. We walk the same route at pretty much the same time every day. And every day, H discovers pine cones:


Pine cones! Who is excited about pine cones? That kid right up there. He has to stop and look at all the pine cones. He points to the tree that the thought they came from and then tries to put them in the stroller with A to take them all home. Daddy loves coming home to piles of pine cones :)

Then, we have the neighbors who have a butterfly garden in their front yard. We have to stop every day and count all the butterflies that are there and see how many different ones there are. 


The butterflies are pretty cool. We have been reading The Very Hungry Catepillar a lot lately so he loves to try to figure out which butterfly was the "very fat patepillar". 

Then there are plants and flowers. H has not learned the difference between plants and flowers so pretty much anything green is a "pretty plant."



We stop at all the plants on our walk and talk about how pretty they are. 

These are things that I would never stop to think about or look at if I didn't have H. I wouldn't be fascinated by pine cones or plants. I wouldn't spend 10 minutes looking at all the butterflies to figure out which one ate the slice of salami, lollipop, etc.  

So, I am trying to wake up happier and think about all the things that I get to do instead of the things that I have to do. I have a son who is not going to be 2 forever and won't want to experience these things with me. 

Ok. So this is me trying to be happier:



Have you found yourself stopping to smell the roses lately? Have you been bogged down and needed a 2 year old to teach you that life is about the little things?

KK

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments, and try to reply to as soon as possible! Thank you very much.