Wednesday, June 5, 2013

I am a real Photographer!!

So I decided to actually learn how to use my Canon T3i off Automatic Mode and use the Manual Mode. 

I took my time and read a bunch of blogs and watched videos on what is most important to know. I even read the manual that came with the camera. It all seemed like a bunch of mumbo-jumbo to me but I read it because that is what everyone recommends doing. 

So, this weekend I put my camera on Manual mode and tried to figure out aperture, etc. I have to say that it is not easy taking good pictures in Manual mode. I see why professional photographers are paid so much. It takes so much time to make sure that you have the settings right that you run the risk of missing what you are trying to take a picture of. 

Here are 2 lovely examples of me not being an awesome photographer:
Way too dark
So bright you can't even tell that there is a picture here

I persevered and continued to learn.  Here are 3 pictures that I am very proud of (obviously as I have decided to put them here). 




H and I were hanging out in the grass in our front yard and the lighting was PERFECT!!! H doesn't like the smile so there was no chance he was going to smile for me but man does he look handsome laying in green grass. 

I think that I now have a better understanding of how to work Manual Mode but I am still no expert.  I know that if there is a lot going on and the lighting is changing a lot, I will have it on Automatic but I will continue to try to put it on Manual as much as possible. 

Here is to learning more about my camera so that I can produce good pictures to document out lives. 

KK

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments, and try to reply to as soon as possible! Thank you very much.