Monday, July 22, 2013

4th Annual Commenting Challenge - Day 1 "About Me"


I am participating in Jenna's 4th Annual Commenting Challenge to bring Bloggers together. 




About Me.... this is actually tougher than I had originally thought it would be. 

I am a 30 year old mother of 2 kids age 2 and under, a wife for the last 4 years and a stay at home mom in Jacksonville, FL. That is me in a nutshell. 

Ok... so you were hoping for a little more than that. I went to Florida State University and graduated about 8 years ago . My husband, JJ, also went to FSU but we didn't meet there. We met at the movie Reign of Fire through friends the Christmas of my Freshmen year of college and dated for 4-5 months before breaking up... we call this "Round 1". 

Look at those baby faces!
I am a die-hard Seminole fan. I am actually third generation Florida State grad. My parents met at FSU as did my in-laws. Needless to say, my kids kinda won't have a choice about where they go to school.  That's a lie. They will have a choice but will be heavily steered in 1 direction.

I spent 6 weeks in Florence, Italy after graduation and then moved back home. JJ & I reconnected at the end of 2007. Our first date was the FSU vs. Auburn football game in Jacksonville, FL where Xhavier Lee came in and lit it up. It was a great first date. By far my best first date. Not only did I get to my favorite team win but I got to watch college football (which I think is the best past time ever) but I got to drink alcohol and flirt with a boy I liked) We got married after a year and a half of dating (but we had known each other fora total of 8-9 years by then).  I am lucky that he wanted to marry me because I am a hot mess and not in a good way. He compliments me in every way and according to my mom, I wasn't funny until I met him. Seriously, my mom said that me! 



It took me 5 years to find a job that I love. I fell into being an auto claims adjuster and was extremely surprised about how much I loved it. It helped that everyone who worked in our local off was 37 and under. The job itself was tough but rewarding and enjoying who you work with made the work day that much easier. I am a checklist person and this there was a flow that you tried to follow with every claim. It was great and I excelled at it. 


I had our son, H, 3 months shy of our 2 year anniversary and continued to work. I had thought that it would be hard to leave H but he was a gassy baby so it was kinda nice to hand him off to someone else. He was well looked after and loved while I was at work. I did start to realize how much I was missing by working. I wasn't able to experience the day-to-day life with my son so when we found out that I was pregnant with our daughter, A, we decided I would stay home once she entered the world. 

A

It amazes me how my kids looked exactly alike as newborns.

We had planned to start trying for our second child at the end of 2012 but was surprised by a positive pregnancy test the day after Valentines Day in 2012. Actually, JJ first found out that we were having a second kid when he heard me saying "Oh Shit, Oh Shit, Oh Shit" from the bathroom. So at the end of 2012 (when we were going to start trying to get pregnant) we became parents to 2 kids 21 months apart.  I have had the joy of staying home with my kids ever since. 

It was a tough transition for H & I. He was used to being surrounded by kids all day and I was used to not having screaming kids needing all my attention. After the first 2 months, we got into a groove and have really come to enjoy our time together. It has been a real joy for me to get to know every in & out of my kids personalities and to be there for the little things as well as the big. 

I didn't really start cooking until I stayed home so that I something I am working on. I would not fancy myself a crafty or artsy person but I am starting to like DIY more. I couldn't have cared less about fashion until I started to stay home. All my friends said that I would come to stay in workout clothes all day. As soon as they said that, I set out to prove them wrong. For the most part, I try to dress nicely every day but there are days where I find myself in the same workout clothes from sunup to sun down. 

I decided to start this blog because I have always casually journalled but you can't really add pictures of videos to that. I want to remember what life was like for our family while the kids are growing up. 

So... here we are! That is me! You can find me on BloglovinPinterest & Instagram. Just click on the icons at the top right of the page. 

I hope you enjoy the blog.

KK

17 comments:

  1. Hi! Visiting from Jenna's blog. Your kids are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from Jenna's -- your family is super cute! Enjoy those sweet babies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from Jenna's. What a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. stopping by from jenna's! what a fun story you guys have!! your kiddos are adorable! I blog over at www.rcolbertreport.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly, I LOVE your blog! I think we could be best friends! We love the same things {football and cooking} and we're both hot messes (ha ha!)...what more is there? How can I follow your blog? Are you on Bloglovin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should totally be best friends! There is nothing better than 2 hot messes watching football! You can find me on Bloglovin here http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/7492853/the-adventures-of-the-keitzer-family

      Delete
  6. We're a Florida State-Auburn-Vandy loving family. I grew up in FL and miss it, but love that NC is home now. Precious little ones you have there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute family!

    I find that when I plan ahead and make a weekly meal list then things so much smoother!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm here from Jenna's Journey. I loved reading about how you met your husband. My husband and I went to high school together and never knew each other. We met after college - although he says if I knew him in high school I would have never agreed to go out with him in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Visiting from Jenna's blog. I lived and taught in Jacksonville for 2 years from 2002-2004. I wouldn't mind living there again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kelly, I'm glad to have found your blog through Jenna's page. Your family is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! Stopping by from Jenna's Journey. You're so blessed to be able to stay home. I would LOVE to do so with my kids, but it's just not financially feasible for us as my husband teaches, and I'm an accountant, so I have the better pay and benefits. I also have a daughter and son, and love to cook and am a huge football fan! Excited to follow along!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your boys are so cute! Found you via the Commenting challenge:) Trust me---two little boys are exhausting, I totally know as I have a 4 year old and 2 year old (and just added a baby girl into the mix, I may be slightly crazy:)) Looking forward to reading more!

    Julie
    www.thechirpingmoms.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! I'm visiting from Jenna's page. I am not a crafty person at all, but I really want to try my hand at some DIY projects. If I could only get the courage to actually start one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look on Pinterest and see all these DIY projects that I want to do and I even buy the materials and then get crazy overwhelmed. My husband loves that about me! :)

      Delete
  14. So glad to find your blog! You and your family are adorable! Can't wait to come visit more often!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your story and your kids are oh so cute!!! I look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, and try to reply to as soon as possible! Thank you very much.