Wednesday, July 3, 2013

S'more Trifle

To say that I am obsessed with Trifles is a bit of an understatement. If I have to make a dessert or Mom makes a dessert for me for my birthday, it is going to be some sort of trifle. 


I made a cookies and cream trifle for JJ for Fathers Day.  I was on my period while JJ was home on stay-cation, so I made a dessert that we could enjoy during the week.  I love anything s'mores. Other than chocolate and mint, I think that s'mores is one of the best flavor combinations when it comes to desserts. I found this recipe on Pinterest and modified it a little to make it more to my liking. 


I am sorry that the pictures aren't that great. I didn't have much self control so I didn't take much time to stage these. 

Without further ado, there is S'more Trifle.

Ingredients:
1 Box of brownie mix (I recommend getting a fudge-y kind)
1 package of instant chocolate pudding
1 large tub of whipped cream (thawed) 
1 box of graham crackers (crushed to varying sizes)
1 large container of marshmallow fluff
If you so desire:
2 Hershey bars
bag small marshmallow
- these can be used as a topping


Directions:
1. Bake the brownies. Set to the side and let them cool. Once they are cooled, cut them into small squares. 
2. Make the chocolate pudding and let set. Once it is set, stir in the thawed whipped cream. 
3. Crush graham crackers. I used a food processor for this on pulse so that I could control the size of the crumbs. 
4. Time to start layer the trifle. Bottom layer is the brownie. Then half the container of marshmallow fluff followed by half of the graham cracker crumbs. Top that with half of the pudding/whipped cream combination.  Repeat until the bowl is full. 
5. You can top with Hershey bars and marshmallows if you desire. I thought that the dessert was decadent enough without the extra. 

Now, just spoon out and enjoy!! JJ & I feasted on this all week and it was an excellent way to end the day! I am going to make it for our 4th of July get together too. Nothing say "Yay America!" like a variation of a camping treat!

I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

KK

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments, and try to reply to as soon as possible! Thank you very much.