Thursday, July 11, 2013

Scrumptious Summer Corn Pizza



The Adventures of the Keitzer Family

Is anyone else obsessed with the Food Network Magazine? Just Me? Really? Just me?  

Well, as a present to ourselves we started to get the Food Network Magazine late last year. I love it! I make several recipes from each issue and have yet to make a bad meal. I love that with each issue they have a insert of 50 things (50 brownies, 50 cakes, 50 ways to eat salsa). July/August issue has "Fresh Corn 50 Ways". Corn is in season now and I can not get enough of it. Like seriously, I want it with every meal. In this insert they have ways to spice up corn on the cob, soups, sides, etc. 

We had tried the Spanish Corn on the Cob (with Paprika and Manchego Cheese) and JJ really wants to try Bacon wrapped Corn of the cob because, really, that just sounds good. 

I made a not so great dinner last night and really wanted something light and summery for dinner tonight so I decided to make the Corn Pizza. I was not at all disappointed and it was really easy to make. Pretty much the perfect summer week day meal. 

Ingredients:
Corn Kernels - raw (I used 2 ears of corn)
Refrigerated Pizza Dough - I grabbed mine from Publix in the bakery section
Minced Garlic - I used maybe a tablespoon
Fresh Mozzarella - sliced
Grated Parmesan

The Adventures of the Keitzer Family


Directions:
1. Read directions on Pizza Dough. (Mine said to take the dough out of the oven an hour before being used).
2. Pre-heat the oven to 475 degrees.
3. Spread/stretch the pizza dough on a rectangle baking sheet topped with parchment paper. 
4. Brush with olive oil and top with minced garlic.
5. Put on sliced mozzarella, raw corn kernels and the grated Parmesan.
6. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt & pepper. 
7. Bake at 475 for 15-20 minutes depending on desired crispness. 
8. Top with Basil and enjoy. 


I mean, seriously, ENJOY!!

The Adventures of the Keitzer Family

Look at that crazy deliciousness. This made a pizza that was good for 3 people (2 adults and 1 kid). I devoured it and my 2 year old loved it!

Next time, when JJ is home, I am going to try grilling this. I think it would be so great grilled. Grilled pizza is the best so how could this not be great! What do you think?

If you have corn lovers in your family or want people in your family to love corn, go make this ASAP. 

Enjoy, 
KK

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments, and try to reply to as soon as possible! Thank you very much.