Monday, March 24, 2014

Meal Planning Monday

Let me preface all of this by saying that I plan on doing this every week so that I can look back and get menu ideas without having to look through the magazines and to remember what we liked and didn't like.  I also plan on updating this throughout the week, if it is a new recipe, to comment what we liked and/or added. 

This is a typical week for us. I plan 4 dinner meals and we wing it or JJ cooks on Friday-Sunday. I put JJ on the Fast Diet the middle of January and started cooking healthier for all us so most to the meals I cook are under 600 calories. JJ has done great on this diet and lost 12 pounds the first month. We both ate a little less healthy while he was in Germany so this is the week we are starting back on the healthy routine. 

Meals for the week of March 22, 2014

Kickin' BBQ Chicken Quesadilla
Kicking BBQ Chicken Quesadilla Found in Cooking Light Magazine April 2014 (Healthy)
We made this Monday night and it was DELICIOUS and only 383 calories for 1 quesadilla! I actually added smashed butternut squash to the quesadillas to get some vegetable in there. The flavor of the squash really complimented the barbecue sauce and cilantro.   Both kids ate the heck out of this and H asked for seconds and licked his plate clean. It was easy, delicious and all in one little package you could eat with your hands so we will be making this more often. 

Stuffed Bell Peppers - Moms recipe
We had this on Wednesday night and as usual is a big hit. I like it because everything is all in one little bell pepper. You have your mean, rice, cheese and the bell pepper is a vegetable and tastes delicious when eaten all together.

Pork Tenderloin and Cannellini Beans Recipe

Pork Tenderloin & Cannelloni Bean found in Cooking Light Magazine April 2014 (Healthy)
I served this with a side of red potatoes and green beans for a little bit more vegetable and sustenance. This was good. The kids & JJ loved it. For some reason there was a bitter after-flavor to me but nothing that would keep me from making this again. 


Carne Guisada (Latin Beef Stew) Skinnytaste.com (Healthy) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments, and try to reply to as soon as possible! Thank you very much.